Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Why does my laptop change the screen resolution when I close the lid?

I can put my laptop to sleep my shutting the lid. However, when I open it again it has changed to resolution to a much lower count. Why does it do this and how can I prevent it?Why does my laptop change the screen resolution when I close the lid?
When you shut the lid you are either putting it into standby or hibernation, depending on your settings. A suggestion is to update the driver for your video card. This problem is common in Dell machines!



To update the driver follow these steps:



Right click on my computer



Click properties then click the hardware tab



Next choose device manager and click display adapters



Right click the correct device and then select update driver and it will search for any possible updates and follow you through the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment