Friday, November 19, 2010

I have recently re-installed windows XP to my computer and I am wondering how to change the screen resolution?

Everything is now HUGE and low quality. I have tried to go into control panel %26gt; display %26gt; settings, but it will not allow me to change my screen resolution. Please help!I have recently re-installed windows XP to my computer and I am wondering how to change the screen resolution?
You didn't install your video card drivers (and probably a bunch of other drivers). It's a very common novice mistake when installing an OS.I have recently re-installed windows XP to my computer and I am wondering how to change the screen resolution?
try to install the Video Card driver ( the software/ CD that came with your video card ) of your computer. If you have a built in video card ( your video card is already part of your motherboard ), try to install your motherboard drivers.
Go to the start screen, right click any blank spot, click properties, click settings tab and adjust the resolution.

Hope this helps
You likely need to download and reinstall the correct drivers for your video card; it sounds like Windows doesn't have a driver for your card and so defaulted to the most basic one it had. Try the manufacturer's website.
update your video drivers
right click a blank area on you're desktop,select properties,then in the window that pops up select settings there you can adjust resolution,

unless windows detected you're graph iss cardincorrectlyy then i'drecommenddupdatingg the drivers (under control panel graphic adapters)

hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment