Friday, November 19, 2010

How I change screen resolution in Vista?

Help! I've done something stupid and now the monitor on my laptop is really low-res. I'm running Vista on an Acer Aspire. Just before it happened, I was using Alt-Gr and the arrow keys, so I think it's to do with that. I was holding down some combination (I think it was Alt-Gr and the down arrow), and the screen went black and then when it came back to life it was at this really low resolution.



When I go to control panel, it won't let me change the settings.



Does anyone know what could have caused this, and what can I do to fix it? Thanks!How I change screen resolution in Vista?
You need to go to the display properties.





Control panel %26gt;%26gt; personallization %26gt;%26gt; Display settings %26gt;%26gt; you should see monitor 1 and 2

OR

you would see a dropdown, which displays the name of the grapics card installed (generally). It has two options 1 %26amp; 2





You just need to change the option, that is you should use the primary

monitor, once that is done, you can see the resolution bar is active again and you can set the desider resolution again.



RegardsHow I change screen resolution in Vista?
Right click the desktop and click personialize, then the screen resulation is on the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment