Sunday, November 21, 2010

How to change screen resolution?

I recently bought a new LG w2361V monitor. It's a 23'; widescreen. However, I cannot change my old screen resolution 1440X900 to the new optimal resolution 1920X1080. I tried to install the drivers for both the PnP and the graphics card but that didnt work. Can anyone help me out?



Everytime I try to change resolution, it goes back to 1440X900. ThanksHow to change screen resolution?
The two problems that I see would be



1. Perhaps your video card does not support that resolution. If you purchased it in the last few years it should be fine, but if it is an older one, I'd check on the supported resolutions.



2. Try installing the Monitor drivers. I work on computers for a living, and I rarely install the monitor drivers, but on rare cases where there is something wrong with the resolution and it is not an option or will not go high enough, sometimes installed the monitor driver can help. You should have gotten a CD with the monitor if not check out LG's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment