Friday, November 19, 2010

After reinstalling XP it wont let me change my screen resolution.?

I just got done reinstalling windows XP and my computers screen was all big and messy. So I went to control panel severa ltimes (before and after restarting my computer) to change the resolution to a higher level, but THE SLIDER WON'T MOVE! I have had the screen at the high level before so can anyone let me know how to get the high resolution back?After reinstalling XP it wont let me change my screen resolution.?
You will need to reinstall the drivers for your graphics card.



If this is a home built system, you should look for the installation CD that came with your video card.



If you have a prebuilt system (Dell, Compaq, etc) the drivers are usually located on one of the CDs that came with the computer.



If you don't have either of these, then you can look for your video card and download drivers from the web.



To do this:

1) Right Click on My Computer

2) Click on the Hardware tab

3) Click on Device Manager

4) Click the + next to Display adapters



This should have the name of the Video Card. Do a search with this name + drivers.After reinstalling XP it wont let me change my screen resolution.?
goto graphic properties....on desktop properties....reduce screen resolution ther!!!
mac 101 is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment