Friday, November 19, 2010

My whole screen is BIG.. can't change Screen Resolution!?

everything on my computer is big, just like when you run in Safe Mode



In an effort to change my screen resolution, I go to Control Panel, and when i click Display Settings, i get the following message:



http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o85/laffytaffy26/ERROR.jpg



I press OK and i can't change my Screen Resolution anywhere



If i right click a blank spot on my desktop and go to 'Graphics Properties...', it loads for about 2 seconds and then nothing happens



How do i fix this? =/



Edit: and i can't System Restore

ThanksMy whole screen is BIG.. can't change Screen Resolution!?
you may have to reinstall your graphics card...

where u can reinstall it is in Control panel/system/hardware/device manager. from there u should be able to find your graphics card and reinstall it....



i am using windows xp not vista, so im not sure if thats where device manager will be found...



and im not positive that this will fix it...

if you dont feel comfortable doin this than by all means dont, but i have had a similar problem before....



Oh and after u uninstall the graphics card, restart your computer, and it will detect the graphics card and reinstall it...if my memory is correct...





Hope that helps :-)



consider this as best answer...My whole screen is BIG.. can't change Screen Resolution!?
Go to your desktop (Your wallpaper)

Right click %26gt; Properties %26gt; Settings tab

Find on ';Screen Resolution';

Drag it to the right till it can't go any further.

It should say 1280 by 800 pixels.

Press ok.

Now your screen should be normal size.

No comments:

Post a Comment