Sunday, November 21, 2010

When I go to change the screen resolution of my desktop, nothing changes. What's wrong?

I just bought a new Hp 17 inch widescreen monitor, and I thought my problem would be solved.

When I go to change the screen resolution, nothing happens what so ever. The fonts, and icons are still the same size.

It looks as though it is stuck at 800 x 600.



What's wrong with my monitor, and how can I fix it?When I go to change the screen resolution of my desktop, nothing changes. What's wrong?
Update or reinstall the drivers for your video card. The resolutions are handled by the card. Sounds like you dont have any drivers for your video card. See if it shows VGA under display adapters in your device manager. If it does you need drivers before you can adjust your resolution.When I go to change the screen resolution of my desktop, nothing changes. What's wrong?
Make sure your clicking apply or ok.
it probably isnt the monitor but the video card - you might either need a new video card or re-install the current video card driver. go to the site your video card came from like dell, ibm, or wherever and download the driver, or go to driverguide.com and download it from there.
http://www.computerhope.com/shortcut/ie.
  • work every weekend
  • reptiles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment