Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Why does Vista keep changing my screen resolution?

Sometimes after I come back from sleep on my notebook Vista changes my screen resolution from 1280x800 to 1024x768. I can change it back but it is an annoyance. Any idea why this is happening and how to stop it? (I am running Vista Home Premium on HP dv2000 with Nvidia GeForce Go 7200)Why does Vista keep changing my screen resolution?
Unlike the previous person, I'm not going to tell you get rid of Vista. I, in turn, will take the time to research your problem and will give you various ways to fix your problem.



First of all, make sure you have the latest driver for your video card (see URL below).



Secondly, check the 2nd URL, read the article and then find the hotfix that applies to your problem and download it. HOWEVER, if it doesn't apply to your problem, don't install the hotfix.





Hope this helps.Why does Vista keep changing my screen resolution?
there's a lot of problems with vista lately. they're still working on making it better, and the vista thats out now was really just a test cuz it still needs a lot of work to function as well as the previous windows or macs. the only thing i can think of to do is get rid of vista. sry

No comments:

Post a Comment