Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I am unable to change my screen resolution to 1440x900, my moniter's native resolution, how can I do this?

I have Windows XP Home with a Nvidia 5200 graphics card. My moniter is a 19'; Envision Widescreen. I updated my graphics drivers and still, nothing has worked.I am unable to change my screen resolution to 1440x900, my moniter's native resolution, how can I do this?
try lowering your screen refresh rate (start at 60Hz)

because it seems like your video card does support high resolution but with low refresh rates (2048X1536@75Hz)

it has nothing to do with your drivers or even removing the video card from the system, but in case you do need a fresh start, remove the drivers first, then go to the Device Manager, and uninstall your display adapter.



cscompguy- most modern monitors do not require drivers, DLPs, plasma, and specially LCD (tft) with DVI and HDMI.

Drivers MIGHT only be required when using an analog VGA output but this is higly unlikely



If the refresh rate didnt work, Open your ';forceware'; panel,

it should be version 84.21,

go to the Screen Resolutions %26amp; Refresh Rates,

try setting up your monitor there

but if this still do it

click on the ';Advanced Timing'; button.I am unable to change my screen resolution to 1440x900, my moniter's native resolution, how can I do this?
either you video card is unable to support that resolution...or your monitor display drivers are not installed correctly.



try re-installing the drivers for the monitor.
take it out of the computer and unistall everything then reput it back in , i have the same card, that should give u a fresh start and then u can update the drivers

No comments:

Post a Comment